Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cause and Effect

This week my task was to get the required letter from the bank about our house. The bank was very accommodating in providing the letter and notary, I was very grateful at how helpful they were. After leaving the bank I headed to the county clerk's office to get the certification. I wasn't to sure if they lady helping me was to thrilled about helping. When she came back to the desk with the stamped documents, I noticed they were slightly overlapping some text and not straight, which can cause the documents to be rejected. I was thinking what her reaction was going to be when I asked her to redo the documents. It just so happened she made a mistake with the dates, and was going to have to redo the documents any way. As I asked her since she was having to redo it if she would mind not stamping it over any text and keep it up right. The look given was less than cordial, however as I explained why, the question came "Is this for an adoption?". I responded yes it is for an adoption. The next question "What age?" After this response,1,2,4 and the ages of our biological kids, her demeanor changed. After a small discussion about the adoption and my sanity, I left with certifications and a request to return with pictures.

~Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment