Friday, April 15, 2011

This Side of Heaven

My soul has so much more to offer in worship than my little white lungs can accommodatebut I try.  Just ask all the Rockvale, Christiana and Bell Buckle folks that I bless with my worship in the middle of the night occasionally.  Its just me, the angels, crickets and frogs and the open country road.  I can think of no more fulfilling moments of worship than those.  You knowwhen I get to heaven, I kinda think my glorified body is gonna be that of a big black lady.  Cause when I sing How Great Thou Art, or It is Well or The Revelation song, its gonna require lungs like Jennifer Hudson, a heart like Mandisa and the soul of Aretha.  In the midnight hour, there are no little voices from the backseat telling me to turn it down and not so gently reminding me that I havent yet achieved Aretha-ness.  Its weird I know, sneaking out in the middle of the night for a date with God.  Just know, that on that day yall find my car flipped over somewhere along a country road in the middle of the night, I went with Glory on my mind and Heaven in my heart!   I was probably doing something ridiculous like trying to raise my hands in worship or close my eyes to pray.or dancing like a foolyeah, I do that too.  God smiles though, Im his fool and my voice sounds like Arethas to him and I dance likewell, I dont know any dancers that I wanna dance like. 
That moon is mine tonight, he made it just for me.  Its got that foggy glow all around it.  Cant see the stars, but we know theyre there, right?  Just like those moments, when we cant trace His handwe have to trust His heart.  The low chorus of frogs slowly  subsides, then crescendos, drowning that one little night bird I hear chirping.and the sweet melodies of Selah soar over all of it. 
My heart is fulllonging after my Father.

"Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
with all creation I sing
praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
and I will adore you!"
Meg

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully expressed! I remember your voice bringing me great joy. One of the greatest songs that God first used to speak to my heart was "On our Side." You blessed me through your worship leading and you impact folks in ways that you may not know. Thank you for being obedient to God and using your gifts to Honor Him. So, belt it out my friend, He hears your unashamed praised...and He is Glorified!

    ReplyDelete